What is the expected timeline of completion?
In the Hospital-Based Coding program is a 704 hour course that includes an 80 hour internship which will give you on-the-job training for your career. Many internships turn into permanent employment for our graduates
Live, Online Program:
When enrolled in the Live, Online program you will take interactive classes where you can see and speak real time to your instructor, as well as interact with your classmates from the comfort of your own home.
What will my classes be like?
Your classes at the Online Division at Mildred Elley will provide you with the technical skills and the medical science background in order to take the national certification (Certified coding Associate) examination administered by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
Class topics include:
- Medical Terminology
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Pharmacology & Lab Findings
- Computer Software Applications in Healthcare
- Health Information Management
- Healthcare Delivery Systems
- Clinical Classification Coding Systems
- Procedure Coding Systems
- ICD – 10 PC Procedure Coding Systems
- Clinical Classification Coding Systems II – Advanced Diagnosis Coding
- Clinical Classification Systems II – Advanced Procedural Coding
- Field Based Professional Practice Experience